Monday, November 6, 2017

Famous Last Words: Momma's Girl

     I feel like I am finally coming back into my stride for these last few weeks. I am back on my storybook, and really proud of my work so farm while also ready to forge ahead. I am debating whether I should stick to the laid out schedule, which would mean I would end up with only three pages, or if I should add in a fourth story. I think that my storybook could be complete without a fourth, but maybe not the way I had imagined it originally.
A picture I shared Sunday for National Redhead Day.
Still bitter my mom didn't give me her awesome red hair. 
     I am also proud of my Week 11 story. It is one of my shortest stories, but I do not think that is less than because of its length. It also made me aware that I really love stories about mother's and the love they have for their children. In fact, my Week 10 story was about a woman protecting her children. Yes it started out as a story about her and her terrible, tyrannical family, but at the end she had to risk death to give her children (and herself) a better life. This semester I've also written about Saint Juliet who was not willing to convert because she didn't want to compromise hers and her son's salvation. Week 7, my story was actually called "A Mother's Love". You would think I would have some dark haunted past involving mothers and children, but I think it is actually on account of the contrary. I have one of the best moms ever. Maybe it's because I have such a great relationship with my mom, that I know how great it can be. And so when I read a story in which a mother's love saves her children or it ends unhappily, I want to provide my own voice and strengthen the message or give it a happier ending.
     I am sad that this course is beginning to come to an end, but I think I will be in the Epics of India course next semester, so I'll get one more semester of storytelling!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jillian! You are going to love Epics of India. I was in it last semester, and I read so many interesting stories that I had no idea about. I like the mother and child bond in your stories. I think this is a great topic to write about, and so nice to read. That being said, I look forward to reading your week 11 story!

    ReplyDelete