Monday, November 6, 2017

Week 11 Review: The Devil

     My favorite part of the announcements this week came from the Halloween announcement, October 31st. I loved the English proverb: Speak of the Devil and he will appear. This semester I am in the course Milton and the Bible. Which means I have been doing a lot of thinking about the devil this semester. While of course I do not believe the literal understanding of this proverb, I completely agree with the sentiment. The devil can take on all forms. It can be temptation for the most common, well-known sins such as adultery, murder, lying, stealing etc. But he can also be your insecurities and your fears. For instance, when you constantly talk about how you feel ugly, you're not going to suddenly feel beautiful. You will become more insecure. You have invited the devil into your life by giving him acknowledgement and I place to grow. If you constantly worry that something will happen, if/when it happens, it will be worse. Instead, we should focus on the good things in life so that if the devil appears, he cannot withstand the light in our lives.
Source: OU Class Announcements

No comments:

Post a Comment