Monday, November 27, 2017

Famous Last Words: Winding Down with Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Christmas Season! Returning from Thanksgiving break is always one of the hardest things to do. Yes it was such a restful time, and now we come back to the most stressful weeks of the semester! Yet, I believe we will all make it and I can't believe that this is my next to last finals week ever! Well, as long as I don't end up in grad school...

This Thanksgiving was so wonderful! I loved spending it with my family and we had such amazing food, and I provided the wine because of my online Geography of Wine class. They all made fun of me as I paired my wines with specific dishes and took diligent notes. Who knew Thanksgiving lunch would ever become a school assignment?
Ma famille.
I just finished up the revisions for my third story of my storybook. I loved doing the Zombie noun challenge and learning about how to make my writing not pompous or abstract. To be honest, I always thought it was a problem if my writing didn't sound pompous, because I have had professors act like my writing is elementary level. I just think it's more important to be concrete and clear over sounding like I drink tea out of a Harvard mug, while I hold a pipe and wear bifocals.

And here I am doing my next to last assignment for this class! After this, all I need to do is do the revisions on my final story and wham, bam, thank you ma'am, I am done! I have so enjoyed this class, but I am proud that I will have a finished and revised storybook to show off and an A in the course. This has been such a great course and I am looking forward to returning for the Epics of India course. So this is not farewell, but simply a See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment