Friday, September 8, 2017

Topic Research: Eleanor of Aquitaine

After reading more about Eleanor of Aquitaine, I found her to be even more fascinating a historical figure than I always thought her to be. She was arguably THE most powerful woman of the Middle Ages! Not only was she a woman married to powerful men, but she was a duchess in her own right, helped orchestrate revolts (possibly murders), and she set French literary arts on the wonderfully successful path that it has taken.

For my project, I think I will write about the time in which she is imprisoned. She is tired of being unable to explore, and she realizes how limited her perspective has been (European). So she sends troubadours out into various corners of the world with instructions to witness great foreign heroes and stories, and to return with great epic poetry for her to here performed. They return and recite the stories.

Here are stories that I thought would be interesting, but I am mainly focusing on where should the troubadours be sent. I originally thought that the Middle East would be one great region for a troubadour, but thought about the time period, and I am not sure with the Crusades and Eleanor's own experience with the Crusades, if that would be a region to which she would send someone. So I will most likely change the Turkish story, but I did like this story!

Source on Eleanor: Wikipedia
Stories: The Wizard and His Pupil, Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp, The Election of the King Bird


Image result for troubadour
Posted by Wikielwikingo Source: Wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment